My life as a mum of seven. The great stuff about being a mum of a larger than normal family.
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Running,Shopping,Babysitter,Driving, and Cooking
Wednesday is a busy day in my house because it is the day I go grocery shopping. With children out for summer that means taking four to six children to the grocery store. My boy did not want to go with me today so I let him and the little girls go to the sitters. The other four children went to do the shopping with me. I managed to use two coupons; I know I should be using more than that with seven children. I do the best I can when I enter the grocery store with so many children my mind goes blank and I hold onto the cart so I don't fall over. I don't really and over the years I have calmed down a little about taking children shopping but the reality is that I do not remember the things I need to with children around me. I take a list and try to remember as much as I can. I can't take my eyes off the children or there will be broken pickle glass in the middle of the store, and of course my children after breaking said glass jar will start trying to repair the damage and get cut on the glass. No, this has never happened but I imagine all kinds of things like this while children are with me. Children have no bounds and to expect anything less than disaster is giving to much advantage to my children. I never let on that I expect these things I have real poker face as many moms must rely on. So after successfully getting the shopping done we made it home in time to take second in command to her activity and then I cooked dinner so I could get my sweet heart off to his business commitment. The best part of the day was that I managed to get sweet hearts laundry done and so he will have some clothes to wear tomorrow. Baby woke up this morning with paper in her mouth. I don't know how it got there I think she must have been sleeping with it in her mouth. Tonight I checked her mouth I don't want her choking in the middle of the night. I clean all the time but she finds every little thing the big children leave around which is a lot of stuff. We all try to keep her safe but with so much going on around us it becomes more of a challenge than with the other children. Lucky for me I usually keep her right by me so I actually know what she is putting in her mouth. The elementary school called and I finally let them know that only little man will be attending public school this year. Big girl, second in command and big boy will go to another school this year. I have not had good luck with schools. They say oh tell the teacher you want differentiation but actually I don't; what I want is for my children to be treated and taught as though they are as smart as they really are. My children are not any smarter than other children however I think that teachers have different opinions about teaching and not all teachers are willing to challenge my children. I wish more teachers would make the effort because my children need a challenge. It depends on the teacher you get for your child and every year you get another teacher very inconsistent for learning. I understand my experience does not represent every experience however I am very tired of trying to change teachers every year and none of the teachers respect my opinion so I am only left to change the situation for my children. I look forward to a time that I am happy with the education my children are receiving. Little man gets a good education in the accelerated program that is the reason I leave him in public school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment