Tuesday, July 19, 2011

School, Seven Sandwiches, and No Shoes

Today we set out for testing that is required for entry into school. The two big girls were tested on math and reading. I thought the testing went well, and the other five children waited until the testing was completed. We played on the playground for about an hour as we were playing the children found a lady bug and watched it for a while and then continued playing on the toys. We drove the big tan van; which I think we should call Neville around until our oldest was done. All the children were tired and hungry so I made and fed as many children as I could to slow the noise. The noise slowed; in our house it never stops completely. The more they eat the less noise they make unfortunately they don't eat all day only most of it. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen now that they are out of school. I really like being in the kitchen the children are always nice when I am; they think I must be getting them something to eat. I told the older children we would start school lessons when our little man goes back to school. We had mother's cookies and fresh french bread to use for sandwiches for lunch. After lunch the boys took off to play without shoes. In our house our children never put shoes away when they take them off so they never can find them when they are ready to play. All I hear are loud screams of I can't find my shoes where are my shoes. I never have anything nice to say so I try to be quiet so I don't cause more of a problem. I try really hard to be a positive influence on the children and not leave a lasting impression of disappointment. Tonight for dinner we are having leftover BBQ beef and salad. We have dinner every night as a family. I can not have it any other way; after a long day I need to see all those shinny eyes sitting together it is what really keeps me working to keep our family happy. It is a great reminder for a tired mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment