My life as a mum of seven. The great stuff about being a mum of a larger than normal family.
Saturday, July 16, 2011
Seven Children all in Bed
It is Saturday at the Lewis house and tomorrow is our day of worship and rest. We got all seven children cleaned and put to bed. The bathroom still has wet towels on the floor and I am so happy to have all the children in bed. Our sweet baby is getting a few new teeth they do hurt her and so I hope she sleeps good. Today we went on our first family drive in our new (to us) van. It is a Chevy Express 12 passenger van. I am so nervous to drive it. We bought it because we just don't fit as a family in our mini van anymore. I get to keep driving the mini van for small errands. I do like my mini van and I don't think I could let it go. So our family loaded up and took the van to the CNG station for the first time I learnd how to fill the tank. Very Cool, and different from gas. The children did great but on the way home after lunch we had to keep stopping for bathroom breaks. Having potty trainers really slows the travel. I am however, so greatful that they know when they need a bathroom. I did not get my morning run and so I did over eat as I usually do when I don't run. Makes me feel sick to over eat gross. I will do better on Monday. I have a paper due on Moday. The Introduction to Graduate class I am taking is almost over just a final left and I am so happy. It has been a difficult class to navigate, and I hope I pass the class. My children are out of school for one more week and then my little man starts again. The other children start in September which gives a one school family a nice summer break unless you have two school to work with and two different schedules. So for any families that have more than one school schedule I am sorry you have the extra burden of working around yet another schedule. Today, being Saturday the children got to pick their saturday cerial they picked Apple Jack's. I thought of the idea of letting them have a sugar cerial on Saturday because donughts and resturants every saturday morning got to be too much for me. I do love taking the children to IHOP it is great for children. I think the funniest thing that happened today was my three year old saying I can't hear you bla, bla, bla. Very funny once and then it has to be tempered. Oh, and yes the new to us van was great. Long trips with the children will need some practice to ensure we approach it correctly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment