Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday Morning

It is already almost lunch and the children are watching TV. I know not the greatest way for children to spend their time. I am constantly trying to improve the way I do things as a mother and how I raise my children. My little man starts school next week a birthday on Saturday and testing for elementary school for two of the girls this week. I finished my paper for school and I am looking forward to getting the kitchen in order once again this week. I have been for about a month now trying to get vegetables on the table more often. I think I am having some success but I have a long way to go for our meals to be healthy. The children of course like to have the sweets, and I do too. I guess that is at least some of the problem to our eating healthy. I am still trying so hard to feel good about an education choice for our children. We have three going to private school this year and one son in the accelerated program in public school. Our little ones are ready for preschool and so this week I need to see if they have any openings. I was not going to put them in preschool this year but within the last few weeks they have decided to be ready to go this year. I think for me that means we have to pay for five children to attend school. I know we can handle that for one year, but what happens after that? I don't have an answer for next year. I know four options home school, computer school, public school, and private school. The options are there however, the problem is that home school and computer school require dedicated time from me that I just do not have to give, and my children deserve the best education I can give to them. Public school has too many problems for it to be a real choice. Private school cost too much for the number of children we have, and so I would need to have a job. Now, I do have to say that my husband is awesome and is a wonderful provider, person, and team player. He has done everything he can to have the children's educational needs met. I have worked at it tirelessly, and still not an ideal situation for our children. Every family has different needs each of these schooling options works for different families for different reasons which is good because no family is the same. I feel so empowered by my own education that I am excited for my children to feel they can acheive success through education also.

No comments:

Post a Comment